Pages

Thursday 24 April 2014

Sister Birthday Card


Morning me lovelies, hope you're all OK and that you've had a good week so far. I know it's a short working week but it's been a blimming long one...well it has to me anyway!

This is the card I made from my son James which he gave to Sophie for her birthday. I thought I'd try something a bit different and without a cutesie image. The only thing I would have done differently is to bring the numbers in from the edges a bit, but then I think it might just be me who is scared of the blank space around them. Oh well, Sophie liked it anyway.

Digital Design Papers: Sweet Shoppe Designs (Pretty Little Things)
Colouring Medium: Promarkers & Smooth White Card
Card Stock: SU! (Certainly Celery)
Embellishments: Pearls, Button and Ribbon from my craft stash
Tools: Die-Namics Die (By The Numbers) and Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Swiss Dots)
Sentiment: Created on the computer using 'Happy Birthday Ryan' font

11 comments:

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

It is different, and I like it. Happy Birthday Soph xx

Unknown said...

Good morning sweet Donna! Finally someone hwo feels like me!! It has been a LOOONG week!! *lol* Such a sweet and gorgeous card you have made! Love the papers and the sweet image! Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

Kelly Lloyd said...

Great card Donna x

Jo said...

Happy Birthday to Sophie xx
Donna this is beautiful, I bet she loves it. Such pretty papers too (gonna go get those for sure)
A very elegant card for a 14 year old young lady :)
Jo xx

Catherine said...

Your card is gorgeous Donna ! Love the colours and the embossed background ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Cute card, Donna! Lovely layout.
You wonderfully look on a new photo. hugs, Helena

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so beautifully designed Donna, with the perfect attention to detail.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Donna. I love the design and beautiful colour scheme.
hugs Sue xx

coops said...

so stunning donna.i really love this stylish design and your colours are gorgeous :D

x coops xx

Anonymous said...

Donna, Sophie 14???? Surely not! Why does that make me feel so old!! Ha ha! Great card, as always. Hope you are all well.
Love LizC xx

Unknown said...

Awww that is such a wonderful creation. that can make an awesome birthday wishes for sister on her birthday. Love the designs and colors. Cheers!